In-Sight Photography provides programming in three main ways: Core-Curriciulum which are classes held at In-Sight during three annual class sessions, Collaborations and Partnerships where we work with local groups and organizations, and the Exposures program in which we connect youth around the country through digital photography.
Core-Curriculum Classes and Exposures programs are open to any interested youth ages 11 to 18. All programs are offered based on a suggested contribution and no interested youth will be turned away if unable to financially contribute.
Summer classes meet 2 hours per week for 9 weeks, beginning the week of June 23rd–except for Intensive classes, which meet for five days in a row during a given week, from 12:00 to 4:00. Click any of the links below to learn more about the summer classes at In-Sight!
Summer classes begin the week of October 6!
- Intro to Digital Photography–Mondays 4:00-6:00
- Intro to Black and White Film Photography–Mondays 6:00-8:00
- Advanced Film Photography: Darkroom Magic and Poetry through the image –Wednesdays 6:00-8:00
- Advanced Digital Photography: Digital Wizardry –Thursdays 6:00-8:00
- Exposures Online Exchange — Wednesdays 4:00-6:00
- Social Justice and Photography — Thursdays 4:00-6:00
- Intermediate Film Photography for Home-School — Tuesdays 10:00 – 12:00
- Independent Study (application required)
Materials: In-Sight provides all materials for every class including camera, film, paper, chemicals and more. Participants are welcome to use materials they already have, but are not expected to bring anything at all.
Please Note: All classes are offered on a sliding scale fee. No interested youth will be turned away for lack of ability to pay